Friday, April 22, 2011

Flattered Platters the First

If you follow me on twitter (@StellarPolarity) you may have noticed that I've been alluding to a brand-new project that I've have been working on. This is something completely new for me and I find it's been really refreshing working with totally different materials from what I'm used to. Jewellery will always be my first love but I have so many other inspirations that I must feed. Without further ado, I give you my first completed set from a collection I am tentatively calling, Flattered Platters.













 Each plate is one-of-a-kind. I try to keep a certain palette in mind when I'm making them though so that they can easily be grouped into eclectic sets. I love this set; I think it would look so pretty on a table with fresh flowers and shiny silverware. You could always use them as individuals, as well, for setting out cookies, hors d'oeuvres or tapas. Right now I'm working on a more funky set that has bold patterns and bright colours that I think would be great for summer entertaining. It's all in the presentation.

I haven't decided if I'm going to put these up on the website. I fear shipping could get both pricey and perilous. That being said, I have successfully packed and shipped A LOT of glass in my day so I may do it after all. In the meantime, you will be able to purchase these pretty plates at Love, Me Boutique in Halifax within the coming week(s). They will be $15 each or a set of four for $50.

Well, that's enough for one day. I'm going to play outside in my backyard.


Actually, this is my neighbours' yard but you get the idea.

I do hope you are able to do the same; Happy Easter weekend to you all!

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful! I can't wait to chose some- they would be perfect to display on my office wall too!

    ReplyDelete