Thursday, April 14, 2011

And Now for Something (Almost) Completely Different...

It has been one hell of a busy week. No complaints here, though. I did, however, make a point to take time out to watch both the English and French debates between the political leaders of our nation. Well, four of them anyway. Apparently Elizabeth May and one million Canadians aren't worthy enough to be allowed to argue their points. Not that I'm pro-Green Party because I'm not really but it just struck me as quite undemocratic. I was also irked that not a soul addressed environmental issues and I'm pretty sure May would have forced that conversation. Alas, I digress.

I'm not going to lie, in the four hours that I watched Harper, Ignatieff, Layton and Duceppe duke it out, my mind wandered in and out of the debate. (Tune out is more like it; I am allergic to BS after all). Anyway, I couldn't help but be distracted by their uncanny resemblances to other people/characters/animals. I give you my take on what I call, 'Poli-Appearance Mash-Up". These mash-ups have squat to do with my personal political preferences; I feel I've treated them all equally unfairly. Enjoy.

Bill Gates + Robot = Stehpen Harper

Sea Turtle + Bon Homme Carnivale = Gilles Duceppe

Dracula (this one particularly) + Spock = Michael Ignatieff
                      Monopoly Man IS Jack Layton

You'll notice I spared Elizabeth May. Again, not because I care but she probably feels bad enough as it is. I encourage you to come up with your own mash-ups and send them to me either via email or on Twitter. I do enjoy such dailliances!

Finally, I must once again remind you to come down to Love, Me Boutique this Saturday (11am-1pm) and check out my trunk show. I'd love to meet you and chat arts, crafts and jewellery. I'm also making banana cupcakes with peanut butter icing for your pleasure. Don't forget to add Love, Me Boutique to your route this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment