Monday, March 28, 2011

The In-between World of Spring

Apologies for the lapse in posts! Life has been happening (see ‘Febru-scary for details) and I haven’t had the chance to rub two thoughts together.  Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing; I’d never admit it if you asked but I generally like flying by the seat of my pants. Anyway, I have some exciting news to share!
First of all, the Spring/Summer portion of ‘The Monet Collection’ is now live and available for your viewing pleasure online at www.stellapolarisstudios.com! You’ll notice quite a departure from the 2010 stuff. My last two collections used Swarovski Crystal almost exclusively and while my love for Swarovski crystal continues to radiate like sunshine dust on a unicorn’s ass, transcend time and space , thrive, I settled on more diverse materials for this collection. I used lots of semi-precious stones, some different metals like gold and aluminum and incorporated some really pretty vintage pieces. One of my personal favourites is the vintage lucite, rose pendant. As usual, I’m kicking myself for not grabbing more when I had the chance. For these and many other wonderful finds, I have to give kudos to the good people at The Beadin’ Path and Caravan Beads. Not only are they responsible for digging up such treasures but they also stayed open during the worst snowstorm in 50 years so I could buy them.  I actually have a picture of said event somewhere. I’ll post that when I find it.
In other exciting news for those of you in the area, you can now shop for Stella Polaris jewellery at Love, Me Boutique on Birmingham St. in Halifax (just off of Spring Garden Rd). The selection of SP features some unique pieces only available in-store.  Even if you’re set for jewels you should really stop in at this adorable shop on your Saturday route. Their mandate is local and handmade which around here equals all manner of beautiful things. It’s truly a little house of wonders. Go forth and enjoy!



So, what’s next? Time to start focussing on the impending summer rush and a personal side project!  My plan is to make LOTS of jewellery in the next few weeks.  I want to have a good stockpile of jewellery on hand because I want to spend more time this summer working on custom pieces.  My goal is to make as many individual pieces for as many individuals, from as many different places as I can. I’d possibly like to blueprint this into a larger work somehow, maybe something for Nocturne 2012? I’m going to need your help on this to get it off the ground. Specifically, I’m going to need you to commission a piece from me sometime between now and October. I’m pretty easy to find, you can leave me a comment here, email me, tweet me (@StellarPolarity), and/or find me weekend loitering around Love, Me Boutique. So come, be a part of my venture, bring me your ideas and let me make a beautiful, unique something for you or someone you love! (Remember, custom doesn’t have to mean expensive)!
And, finally, (giggle) let me introduce you to my soon-to-be-newest friend and sidekick.


Hubby and I are adopting this seven month old handsome boy from the SPCA in Kings County, NS.  After years of wandering from city to city and apartment to apartment we have finally settled enough to give a kitty a good home. To say I am delighted is a stark understatement. Oh, what wonderful adventures we will have together.

No comments:

Post a Comment